This 7 Days Rwanda-Uganda Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking tour is an excellent package rewarding you with a memorable gorilla trekking experience and cultural tour in Bwindi, canoe ride at Lake Bunyonyi, game drive in Queen Elizabeth National park and Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National park.
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi NP
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking Adventure and cultural walk
Day 3: Transfer to L. Bunyonyi and canoe ride
Day 4: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5: Game drive and transfer to Kibale Forest NP
Day 6: Chimpanzee tracking and nature walk
Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali/Kampala and departure
Rwanda Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi NP.
Your tour guide will pick you from the airport on arrival or Hotel in
Kigali and take you for a city tour. Visit the genocide memorial, Nyamata
church, local markets among others. You will then drive northwards
across the border to Bwindi National park in Uganda. You will enjoy a
spectacular scenic view en route of the Virunga Mountains. Dinner and
overnight stay at Gorilla Safari Lodge (Luxury)/ Bwindi Jungle
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking Adventure and cultural walk.
Take your early breakfast and head to the park headquarters for briefing
before entering the tropical forest. You will spend a maximum of one-hour
taking observations; photographs and watching them feed or play around. In the evening, you may go for a community walk to the neighbouring
village. Dinner and overnight stay at day 1
Day 3: Transfer to L. Bunyonyi and canoe ride
In the morning, you will be transferred to L. Bunyonyi, a perfect place
for relaxation. The distance from Bwindi to lake Bumyonyi is roughly 2 hours from Ruhija and 4 hours from Buhoma depending on where you are connecting from. You will then take a canoe along the lake to explore some of the fascinating islands on this lake as well as enjoying beautiful sounds of birds. Overnight at Bunyonyi Eco resort hotel
Day 4: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Set off in the morning to Q.E.N.P, enter the park while game viewing.
You will go through the Ishasha sector of the park for a chance to see the
tree climbing lions. Proceed to kazinga channel for an afternoon boat
cruise. In the evening, go for game drives. Dinner and overnight at Mweya
safari lodge / Katara lodge(luxury) /Park View Lodge(deluxe)/ Enganzi lodge
Day 5: Game drive and transfer to Kibale Forest NP.
In the morning, you will go for more game drives to catch up with early
risers before returning to their hiding places. You will encounter game
as lions, hyenas, bushbucks, elephants among others. Return to the lodge
for a late breakfast, and drive to Kibale Forest NP. Dinner and overnight at Crater Safari Lodge(Luxury)/Primates Lodge (deluxe)/Chimpanzee guest
Day 6: Chimpanzee tracking and nature walk.
Have an early breakfast and drive to the park headquarters, for briefing
and later embark on chimpanzee tracking. The trek will expose you to
other primates like Colobus Monkeys Giant forest hog, Vervet, red-tailed
monkeys, the Grey Cheeked Mangabeys, Olive Baboons, and over 350 bird
species. In the afternoon, go for a nature walk to Bigodi wetland
sanctuary. Overnight at Day 5
Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali/Kampala and departure.
In the morning after a relaxed breakfast, transfer to Entebbe airport
passing through Kampala and departure.
The Safari prices are calculated in US dollars per person and you will travel by safari JEEP 4*4 Toyota Land Cruisers.
Price depends on time of travel (low, high or peak season), number of people in your group and level of accommodation.
- Special discount rate for a group of 3 or more
- Children under 3 years FREE
- Children between 3-12 years 75% of adult rate
- Children between 12-18 years 90% of adult rate
PEAK SEASON: JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER
HIGH SEASON: NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH
LOW SEASON: APRIL, MAY, JUNE
The Safari Package Includes
- Guarantee Price, Guarantee Departure
- All pickups from your hotel and back after safari
- Accommodation as indicated (2 people sharing a double room with 1 or 2 separate beds. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking)
- Activities and meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All park fees and government taxes
- Services of professional English-speaking driver-guide
- Bottled water while on safari
- Unlimited mileage on the safari
- Maximum of 6 passengers in the safari vehicles
- Safari Transport and game drives in a safari minibus fitted with a pop-up roof tops and guarantee of a window seat for game viewing and photography.
- All safari Minibus carries safari accessories such as wildlife books, cooler box, binoculars, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and it has a guaranteed window seats. Option for a jeep available at a small fee.
The Safari Package does NOT Included
- International air fare
- Items of a personal nature such as passport, visa and traveler’s insurance
- Tips to driver-guide