The 5 Days Uganda Wildlife safari is a perfect package which will take you for wildlife viewing and launch cruise in Queen Elizabeth national park and Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. The tour starts and ends in Uganda.
Day 1: Kampala to Queen Elizabeth national park
Day 2: Launch cruise along the Kazinga Channel
Day 3: Ishasha Game drive – Transfer to Bwindi Forest
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking and visit Batwa pygmies
Day 5: Return Trip to Kampala or Kigali
Uganda safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park via Kampala – Masaka road (7hrs drive) en route making a stopover at the equator for photography and Mbarara for lunch. Later transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park. It is roughly a 3 hours drive from Mbarara to Queen Elizabeth national park. Overnight stay at Mweya safari lodge / Katara Lodge/ Park View Lodge / Engazi Lodge
Day 2: Game drive and Launch cruise along Kazinga Channel
In the morning enjoy a game drive to the northern sector of the park – Kasenyi plains in search for leopards and lions. As you drive along Kasenyi track expect to encounter big herds of elephants, buffalos, Uganda Kobs, warthogs, Defassa waterbuck, bushbuck and giant forest hogs among others. Return to the lodge for a hot lunch before undertaking a launch cruise along the Kazinga Channel at 2:00 pm. The launch experience will bring you closer to big herds of elephants, hippos and a plethora of migrant and endemic birds among others. At 6:00 pm return to the lodge for your dinner and relaxation.
Day 3: Ishasha – Bwindi national park
After breakfast at 8:00 am transfer to Ishasha – the southern sector of Queen Elizabeth national park in search of tree climbing lions. It is approximately an hour’s drive from Mweya to Ishasha Gate. At 10:00 am lions begin climbing fig trees as they seek shelter in the tree branches from the scorching sunshine and relaxing after a night and morning feast on the antelopes.
At 13:00 O’clock transfer to Savannah Hotel for a hot lunch and later proceed to Bwindi national park for an evening Batwa (Pygmies) community walk. Overnight stay at Gorilla Forest Camp / Mahogany Springs.
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking Adventure
Wake up very early in the morning for your breakfast and then hike to the park headquarters, which is a few meters from your lodge for a briefing by the park ranger before commencing the gorilla trek at 8:30 am. Gorilla tracking is a strenuous exercise but ranked the most rewarding wildlife experience. The time is taken to encounter these apes ranges from an hour to several hours depending on their movement in the jungle. Overnight stay at Gorilla Forest Camp / Mahogany Springs.
Day 5: Departure
After breakfast transfer back to the airport either Entebbe or Kigali. It is more than 8 hours drive to Entebbe from Bwindi; whereas it is a 4 to 5 hours drive to Kigali international airport.
The Safari prices are calculated in US dollars per person and you will travel by safari JEEP 4*4 Toyota Land Cruisers.
Price depends on time of travel (low, high or peak season), number of people in your group and level of accommodation.
- Special discount rate for a group of 3 or more
- Children under 3 years FREE
- Children between 3-12 years 75% of adult rate
- Children between 12-18 years 90% of adult rate
PEAK SEASON: JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER
HIGH SEASON: NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH
LOW SEASON: APRIL, MAY, JUNE
The Safari Package Includes
- Guarantee Price, Guarantee Departure
- All pickups from your hotel and back after safari
- Accommodation as indicated (2 people sharing a double room with 1 or 2 separate beds. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking)
- Activities and meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All park fees and government taxes
- Services of professional English-speaking driver-guide
- Bottled water while on safari
- Unlimited mileage on the safari
- Maximum of 6 passengers in the safari vehicles
- Safari Transport and game drives in a safari minibus fitted with a pop-up roof tops and guarantee of a window seat for game viewing and photography.
- All safari Minibus carries safari accessories such as wildlife books, cooler box, binoculars, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and it has a guaranteed window seats. Option for a jeep available at a small fee.
The Safari Package does NOT Included
- International air fare
- Items of a personal nature such as passport, visa and traveler’s insurance
- Tips to driver-guide